CSWS Travel Grants
These small grants (up to $300) are being offered for UO graduate students only, for travel expenses to be incurred during Academic Year 2018-19 (by June 30, 2019). These grants provide partial support for travel to present papers that relate to women and gender at a conference, or for a workshop related to women and gender. Grant guidelines are available below.
Please be sure to read the Travel Grant guidelines before filling out your application. The deadline for all 2018-19 Travel Grant applications November 30, 2018.
CSWS TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
Deadline: November 30, 2018 by 5:00 pm (see Funding Period below)
The Center for the Study of Women in Society invites applications for grants that provide partial support for travel expenses for University of Oregon graduate students for a presentation at a conference or a workshop related to women and gender. Funding is contingent on the paper/panel acceptance at the conference or workshop. CSWS will prioritize requests from students with partial department support.
Travel for research purposes (fieldwork, archives, etc.) is not covered by these grants. Faculty, staff, and students seeking support for these activities should apply for CSWS Research Grants.
- Travel grant awards can be used for travel expenses incurred in AY 2018-19 (by June 30, 2019 at the latest).
- Awards are subject to conditions set by CSWS. CSWS staff members are not eligible to apply.
- Graduate students must be enrolled at the university: (a) during the year they apply for the grant and (b) during the year the grant money is used.
- Note for Graduate Students with Financial Aid: Receiving this award may reduce your financial aid award. Please contact the Financial Aid Office prior to applying for this (and any other type of) support.
- Funding Range: up to $300.
- Frequency of Grants: Only one CSWS Travel Grant per person, per academic year. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a CSWS Travel Grant in the previous fiscal year.
- Use of Funds for travel must be related to one of the following activities related to women and gender in any subject area:
- Presentation of a conference paper
- Other professional activity
- If your travel plans change, please notify CSWS immediately.
- NB: Travel for research purposes (fieldwork, archives, etc.) is not covered by these grants. Faculty, staff, and students seeking support for these activities should apply for CSWS Research Grants.
- Estimated expenses related to the travel for which you are requesting funding must be included.
LETTER OF CONFIRMATION:
- A letter of confirmation of paper acceptance must be sent to email@example.com as a PDF (we will not accept other file types) for presentations at conferences. If the letter is not yet available, note a date of notification when prompted. Funds will not be released until a letter is submitted.
OTHER SOURCES OF FUNDS:
- Applications for travel support from other sources, including notification dates, must be included in the application.
- Collaborators should submit separate grant applications for their presentation.
- Although University-approved per diem rates may be used for meal and incidental expenses, other travel expenses are reimbursed only upon presentation and processing of proper receipts. Please note that original receipts are required for reimbursement and must be submitted within five months of the expenditure.
EDITS TO APPLICATION:
- You can update your application if you forgot something, but all updates must be completed by the grant deadline date by 5:00 pm. You will not be able to access it after that time.
- Important: In order to be able to edit your response at a later time, when you submit you will need to click the “edit submission” link directly after you have submitted. Even if you don’t need to edit at that moment, in order to get the URL you need to access your application later you must follow these directions. You will not get another chance.
If you have questions or problems with submission, please contact CSWS at 541.346.5015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.