Grants and Fellowships
The Center for the Study of Women in Society maintains a number of grant programs to support the work on women and gender initiated by University of Oregon faculty, staff, and graduate students. By providing these highly competitive grants and fellowships, CSWS consistently has supported many important research projects at various stages of development and enriched programs in all sectors of the university. The Center has offered research funding to faculty and graduate students at the University of Oregon for more than 30 consecutive years.
Current grant deadlines:
- Deadline: January 28, 2019, 5 p.m. — CSWS Research Grants, including Faculty/staff Research Grants, Graduate Student Research Grants, and the Jane Grant Dissertation Fellowship (Funds available academic year July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020). Read about the research of previous grant recipients.
- Deadline: November 30, 2018. These small grants (up to $300) are being offered for UO graduate students only, for travel expenses to be incurred during Academic Year 2018-19 (by June 30, 2019). These grants provide partial support for travel to present papers that relate to women and gender at a conference, or for a workshop related to women and gender. Grant guidelines are available here.
- Beginning Fall 2017, this fellowship will now be administered and housed at UO Libraries Special Collections and University Archives. Go here for more information: https://library.uoregon.edu/special-collections/le-guin-fellowship
RIG Innovation Funding: https://csws.uoregon.edu/research/rig-funding/
- CSWS offers small grants to faculty and graduate students to organize interdisciplinary working groups focused on particular themes for the academic year. Working groups will provide participants the opportunity to discuss readings and share their research. Funding may be used to pay for reading materials, food, and visits by scholars. Groups are encouraged to use working groups as the foundation for future conferences and symposia, course development, and publications.Those interested in organizing a working group should submit a proposal that includes the following elements:
1. Title and subject area
2. Purpose of the work group
3. Potential outcomes
4. List of participants
6. Itemized Budget ($500 max.)
Send proposals Attn: operations manager: email@example.com