Grants and Fellowships
The Center for the Study of Women in Society maintains a number of grant programs to support the work on women and gender initiated by University of Oregon faculty, staff, and graduate students. By providing these highly competitive grants and fellowships, CSWS consistently has supported many important research projects at various stages of development and enriched programs in all sectors of the university. The Center has offered research funding to faculty and graduate students at the University of Oregon for more than 30 consecutive years.
Current grant deadlines:
- January 30, 2017, 5 p.m. — CSWS Research Grants, including Faculty/staff Research Grants, Graduate Student Research Grants, and the Jane Grant Dissertation Fellowship (Funds available academic year July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018). Read about the research of previous grant recipients.
- January 30, 2017, 5 p.m. — Fortnightly Club Graduate Research Grant.
- January 30, 2017, 5 p.m. — Jane Higdon Senior Thesis Scholarship, funding amount: $1,000. The Center for the Study of Women in Society invites applications from University of Oregon undergraduate students writing a senior thesis or producing a comparable senior project anywhere on campus, within a wide range of disciplines, as long as the thesis or project relates to women and/or gender, and demonstrates support of women’s empowerment. This award honors the life and work of Jane Higdon. Financial support for this scholarship is provided by the Jane Higdon Foundation. Awards are subject to conditions set by CSWS, which falls under the purview of the Office of the Vice President for Research. Students must meet financial need criteria in order to apply. For more information, please refer to the application guidelines. Updated guidelines are now available at: csws.uoregon.edu/research-grants.
- November 7, 2016, 5 p.m.— CSWS Travel Grants (for travel expenses incurred from January 1 – June 30, 2017)
Le Guin Feminist Science Fiction Fellowship
- Le Guin Feminist Science Fiction Fellowship—Deadline: Friday, September 2, 2016 at 5 p.m.
RIG Innovation Funding: will be on hiatus for AY 2017-18 while CSWS reconsiders the program.