|June 5, 2014|
|3:30 pm||to||5:30 pm|
Jane Grant Room
1408 University St.
For junior faculty associated with the Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies (CLLAS), Latin American Studies, Ethnic Studies, and the CSWS Américas Research Interest Group
CLLAS will host a publishing roundtable where junior faculty can hear from senior faculty on their publishing experience and gain advice in Latino/Latin American Studies and gender. This will also be a great opportunity for junior faculty to bring specific questions. The panel will touch on many issues, including:
- How to develop your own voice as an author
- How to advance new theory and/or public policy
- How to connect your ideas to publishing
- Lynn Stephen, Distinguished Professor of Anthropology and Director of CLLAS
- Michael Hames-Garcia, Professor of Ethnic Studies
- Ellen McWhirter, Professor of Counseling Psychology
The sponsors for this event are CLLAS and the CSWS Américas Research Interest Group.