Cosponsorship of Speakers
Center for the Study of Women in Society
The Center for the Study of Women in Society provides limited, supplemental financial support of speakers addressing scholarly and/or creative work from a range of disciplines on topics regarding women and gender.
1. Funding Range: Award limits are up to $100 for a single speaker, up to $200 for a panel and up to $300 for a conference.
2. Use of Funds: Funds normally go toward the speaker’s presentation.
3. Funding Limitations: The event must be free and open to the public. If event is part of a larger fee-based program such as a conference requiring paid registration, the specific lecture co-sponsored by us must be free and open to the public.
4. Time of Submission: Application for funding from CSWS must be made before the event.
5. Funding Period: Arrangements for payment must be made within the academic year in which the event occurs and within three months of the expenditure, whichever comes first.
1. Please explain how the speaker’s work relates to gender and/or the mission of CSWS.
2. Vita or bio: Include vita or bio of speaker and any other supporting information with attached application.
3. Submission: E-mail the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Notification: An e-mail letter will be sent indicating (a) approval or rejection, (b) amount of funds, if approved, and (c) required process for disbursement of funds.
Responsibilities of Main Sponsor
1. Acknowledgment: Acknowledge the Center for the Study of Women in Society (CSWS) in all publicity including flyers, posters, programs, and news releases.
2. Publicity: Please submit copies of all publicity to CSWS, 340 Hendricks Hall and email to CSWS Dissemination Specialist Alice Evans at alicee(at)uoregon.edu for inclusion on the website.